Updated: 21/09/16 : 06:37:35Printable Version
Five-month-old twins are being treated at Cork University Hospital after they were airlifted from their home in west Cork when they suffered burn injuries after a petrol canister exploded.
Their brother, who is just over one-year-old, was also airlifted to hospital with a burn injury which is described as less serious.
The incident is understood to have happened around 6.30pm yesterday evening at the house at Drinagh, near Drimoleague. The alarm was raised immediately.
Gardaí, paramedics, the coast guard helicopter from Shannon and members of Toe Head Coast Guard team attended the scene in an operation which was coordinated by Valentia Coast Guard station.
The burns to all three children are understood to be to their bodies and all three were treated at the scene before being airlifted by helicopter to Cork University Hospital.
They were accompanied on the flight by their parents. The helicopter touched down at CUH at 7.50pm.
All three are now being treated and are expected to make a recovery.