Sligo Road & Traffic Report - Monday 12 December
· Works will continue on Far Finisklin Road this week on water mains. Traffic lights will again be in place.
· From Wednesday Dec 14th advance civil works will be taking place on Chapel Hill for the provision of a pedestrian crossing. To facilitate this work a traffic management plan will be in operation which will include local diversions restricting traffic from going uphill (southbound) on Chapel Hill.
· N4 Dual Carriageway
Maintenance works will continue on the N4 Sligo - Collooney dual carriageway. Works will consist of
· The repair of damaged/broken crash barriers at various locations along the route and
· Drainage improvement works along the central median and hard shoulder of the N4 dual carriageway.
It is anticipated that the works will last approximately 3 weeks, during which time extensive traffic management systems will be in operation. The dual carriageway will be reduced to a single lane for much of this time. Motorists are urged to proceed with caution through the works.
· Kellystown L-7520-0
Drainage works will be ongoing. The works will involve the installation of a storm water pipe in the roadway. It is anticipated that the works will last approximately 2 weeks. A traffic management plan will be in operation for the duration of the works.
· Essential repair works are being carried out on behalf of Transport Infrastructure Ireland at Castlegal Bridge, Glencar on the N16 National Primary Road. Traffic Management will be in place with delays expected. Works are expected to last for several weeks.
Road restoration will continue on the N59 at Lugawarry,
Ballisodare. Traffic lights/convoy
system will be in operation. Minor delays to be expected.
· Works will continue on the installation of a pedestrian crossing on the R293-Lord Edward Street in Ballymote. Traffic control will be in operation with minimal delays expected. Works are expected to last 1week.
· Surface Drainage works will commence on the R293 in the vicinity of the Aurivo Stores. A temporary road closure will be in place during out of peak hours on Friday 9th December. Works are expected to last 2 weeks.
· Pipelaying works continuing along a 400m stretch of the Castlebaldwin Road leading out of Ballymote and along a 4km stretch of the R295 from Ballymote towards Boyle. Traffic Management is in place and minor delays are expected.
ROAD SIGNAGE WORKS:
· Works will continue on The R297 and R298 between Dromore West and Enniscrone
· Location of KN gangs - gangs will be in the Pearse Road and Devins Drive.
SLIGO CITY AREA:
· Hoarding has been erected at the corner of Lord Edward Street and Union Street. Provision has been made for pedestrian access and works are expected to last several weeks. Minimal traffic disruption expected.
· A Scaffolding licence has been granted for 13 Knappagh Road, Sligo. Works are expected to last 4 weeks. Minimal traffic disruption expected.
· Ongoing Road Openings to take place at various locations over the coming weeks due to broadband upgrade. Minimal traffic disruption expected.
· Drainage works will be carried out in Ardogelly, Templeboy. Traffic management will be in place. Minor delays to be expected.
· Pothole repair works will continue in the Enniscrone area. Traffic control will be in operation but no delays are expected.
· Pothole repair works will continue in the Tubbercurry area. Traffic control will be in operation but no delays are expected.
Surface Water Gully Cleansing and Road Sweeping Works will commence in
Ballymote, Riverstown, Collooney and Ballysadare. Works are expected to last 1