Updated: 31/01/17 : 06:46:48Printable Version
Aid groups have raised alarm over the deaths of three migrants on Greece's Lesbos island inside a week.They said that poor conditions at an overcrowded camp in Moria presented a "serious risk" to at least 3,000 migrants living there.
A man in his 20s said to be a Pakistani was found dead in his tent on Monday.
A 22-year-old Egyptian man and a 46-year-old Syrian man who shared a tent died last week. Reports suggest they inhaled toxic fumes from heaters.
Greek police are now investigating the deaths.
Local media have cited carbon monoxide poisoning as a possible cause of deaths, as the cold winter weather has forced many migrants to use heaters and wood-burning stoves to keep warm.
"Something has got to give," International Rescue Committee Greece director Panos Navrozidis was quoted as saying by Reuters
. "We cannot tolerate this wanton loss of life."
The Doctors of the World charity said poor conditions at the camp posed "serious risk" to migrants.
More than 60,000 migrants and refugees - many of them from conflict-ravaged countries like Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan - currently live in camps around Greece.
Aid groups say many of the camps are overcrowded, with Human Rights Watch describing the conditions in some of them as "deplorable and volatile".