Occupational First Aid Course
Name of Training Course: Occupational First Aid
Location: Yeats Memorial Building,
Hyde Bridge, Sligo
This 3-day course covers all of the Occupational First Aid requirements for the workplace as outlined by the Health and Safety Authority.
This QQI (FETAC) Level 5 course will provide the learner with the knowledge, practical skills and confidence to give effective life support, diagnose and treat injuries or illness, and maintain care and comfort of an injured colleague until the arrival of medical assistance. Also included is training in the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and the administration of aspirin for cases of a suspected heart attack.
Who should attend:
This course is designed by the Health and Safety Authority and accredits applicants with a FETAC Level 5
certificate in First Aid and is suitable for employees of small, medium or large enterprises across all sectors and Self Employed
• Unit 1: First Aid in The Workplace
• Unit 2: Patient Assessment
• Unit 3: Respiratory Emergencies
• Unit 4: Cardiac First Response
• Unit 5: Wounds & Bleeding
• Unit 6: Altered Levels of Consciousness
• Unit 7: Fractures, Sprains, Strains & Dislocations
• Unit 8:Burns & Scalds, Chemicals, Poison, Electric Shock
Format of course:
This course is classroom based with each theory session followed by skills demonstration and scenario-based training.
On completion of this course participants will:
• Understand the responsibilities of the occupational first aider.
• Be able to provide treatment for the
purpose of preserving life or minimising
the consequences of injury until discharge or the arrival of medical assistance.
• Be able to provide treatment in the
workplace for an injury which does not require
the attention of a medical practitioner or nurse.
• Be capable of coordinating first aid arrangements in the workplace.
• Be familiar with health and safety legislation on first aid provision in the workplace
• Be confident in applying their First Aid Skills
16 Quay Street
Sligo F91 X923