Updated: 20/04/18 : 09:01:30
Printable Version   Bookmark and Share Share This


Friday's crime updates

Armed gardaí arrest schoolboy after Dublin school receives terror threat

A 15-year-old boy has been arrested after a terror threat at a Dublin school.

A teenager reportedly made two 999 calls claiming plans to blow up the building on behalf of ISIS.

Armed gardaí were deployed to the scene at around 1.40pm yesterday and a 15-year-old was arrested

He was taken to Sundrive Road Garda Station, but has since been released without charge.


Man due in court in connection with Romanian man's death in Tallaght

A man is due in court this morning in connection with the death of a Romanian man in Dublin.

Ioan Artene Bob was found with serious injuries in Sean Walsh Park in Tallaght last Friday morning.

The 49-year-old, who had been working in the construction industry, died later in hospital.

A 38-year-old man arrested on Wednesday in connection with his death is due before Tallaght District Court this morning.


Belfast murder suspects bailed

Two men questioned on suspicion of murder following the death of a man in Belfast have been released on bail.

The body of a man was found in Orient Gardens, off the Cliftonville Road, on Wednesday evening.

He is understood to be a foreign national.

Sinn Fein Assembly member Gerry Kelly said a neighbour discovered his body at the cream-painted end terrace home.

Two men, aged 26 and 28, who were arrested on Wednesday have been released on bail pending further inquiries, the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) said.

Man charged over death of woman hit during police chase

A 39-year-old man has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving after a woman was struck by a stolen car, the PSNI has said.

Police had been pursuing a vehicle before the incident on Ballysillan Road, Belfast, yesterday morning.

The charged man is due before magistrates in the city this morning.

The Police Ombudsman's Office is investigating the circumstances behind the collision.

A spokesman said: "The PSNI informed us that its officers had been involved in a pursuit of a vehicle involved in the collision. A stinger device is also believed to have been used by police.

"We are now investigating the actions taken by police in the period prior to the collision. Our investigators have been at scene and are continuing to make inquiries.

"I would also like to take this opportunity to express our sympathies to the family and friends of the woman who died."